We’re fresh into the second month of the 2019 year, and Mecum is having a good year already. As Barrett-Jackson had their most successful auction at Scottsdale, and raised a record amount for charity, Mecum’s two January auctions earned them the same record breaking claims with $133.8 Million in sales - this comes from a combination of revenue from Kissimmee, Florida, auction and the 28th annual Vintage and Antique Motorcycle Auction in Las Vegas.
A massive 7,517 count of collector cars, motorcycles, road art, and miscellaneous automobila went up from sale in January. Of those lots, 6,267 were sold, for a 83-percent sell-through rate at the events. 2,328 collector cars were sold alone at the massive Kissimmee auction, which is the company’s largest collector-car auction event - this equated to a revenue of $107.5 million between the cars and Road Art transactions.
One notable exchange was that of the 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake at Lot no. F124, where it caused a bidding frenzy that ended up pulling a $2.2 million winning bid. This wasn’t even the top bid at the auction, with a 2014 Ferrari LaFerrari (Lot S114) being sold at $3.3 million.
The complete top 10 collector-car sales at the Mecum Kissimmee 2019:
- 2014 Ferrari LaFerrari (Lot S114) at $3,300,000
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake (Lot F124) at $2,200,000
- The 1969 L88 Corvette Offering (Lot F151) at $990,000
- 1930 Duesenberg Model J Torpedo Phaeton (Lot S103) at $935,000
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 (Lot S171) at $495,000
- 1954 Chrisman Bonneville Coupe (Lot S149) at $484,000
- 1966 Shelby GT350 Fastback (Lot F101) at $440,000
- 1955 Imperial Convertible (Lot F98) at $418,000
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (Lot S174) at $396,000
- 2005 Ford GT (Lot S224) at $352,000
It wasn’t all about cars as the motorcycle sector certain contributed to the hefty final count. A 1939 Crocker Big Tank far surpassed its $400,000 - $500,000 to pull a $704,000 sale. The top ten motorcycles alone earned around $4 million.
For Valentine's Day, Give the Gift of 760 Horsepower
2020 Chevrolet Corvette Heads To Auction At No Reserve
Barrett-Jackson Begins Its “Road to 50” In Palm Beach
URL copied to clipboard